Merritt & Associates G.C., Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time construction Bookkeeper to join our team.
A strong administrative and organizational background is a must.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
- Timecard and job-cost entry.
- Review and posting of AIA documents, including owner billings and subcontractor applications for payments.
- Efficient management of accounts payable, including vendor setups, W-9 and certificate of insurance requirements, job-costing, lien waivers and the purchase order to payment process. Reconciling vendor statements to accounts payable aging, clean up AP aging regularly.
- Analysis of WIP, including job cost variances to job budgets.
- Bank account and credit card reconciliation.
- Preparation and maintenance of a current filing system for each construction project.
- 2+ years of experience in construction preferred.
- 2+ years of accounting experience.
- Familiarity with the General Ledger and routine journal entries.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Strong communication, organization, accounting, time management and problem-solving skills. Strong eye for the details.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a “can-do” attitude.
Job Type: Full-time
Required work authorization:
Pay is negotiable and based on experience.
Merritt & Associates G.C., Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply on Indeed or email your resume to [email protected] for consideration. No phone calls accepted.